Aam Aadmi Party government, led by Arvind Kejriwal has announced Delhi Budget 2015-16 today. Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia presented AAP government’s first budget termed as Swaraj Budget in Delhi Assembly. This budget is for the remaining nine months of the financial year 2015-16. While announcing the budget, he also told that they have taken into account, the expectations of people people in Delhi.
While it is said that Aam Aadmi party has taken common mans opinions into account in drafting the budget, would it be able to aam aadmi’s expectations? In this post we have mentioned what Delhi Budget 2015 has brought with it on all the crucial areas such as education, health and electricity. Read on to find out what Delhi Budget for fiscal year 2015-16 means to you and your pocket.
Highlights of Delhi Budget 2015-16
- Aim to achieve 100% literacy in Delhi over the next two years.
- To allocate Rs. 50 crore for Wi-Fi facility in all colleges and villages in Delhi.
- To increase budget allocation for education by over 106% to Rs. 9,836 crore.
- To open new skill development university in Delhi.
- Over 20,000 new teachers will be appointed.
- CCTC cameras will be installed in class rooms of schools across delhi.
- An amendment will be brought which will act against schools and colleges which do not function with transparency.
- To convert 50 schools into model schools.
- To introduce a single window system for ease of business
- To allocate Rs. 1,690 for subsidy for power and water subsidy.
- To allocate Rs. 4,787 crore on health.
- To allocate Rs. 5,908 on MCD
- Aims at making Delhi India’s first corruption free state.
- To construct safe storage houses for onions and other essential food items.
- The expenditure plan for financial year 2015-16 is of Rs. 41,129 crore.
- To give 12% of the budget allocation to the Centre for the loans which were taken previously.
- Rs 1,084 crore allocated to DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation).
- To allocate Rs. 20 crore each for 11 Assembly constituencies for development work as a pilot programme.
- To allocate Rs. 253 crore for ‘Swaraj Nidhi’ which will be used at disposal of the common man.
- 10,000 new buses will start in Delhi.
- Education loan will be up to Rs. 10 lakh.
- Labour welfare centers will be set up across Delhi.
- Rs. 235 crore allocated to Swaraj fund.
Don’t forget to share this page on with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.