If you are working in a private sector then you must be covered under Employee Provident Fund (EPF). EPF is a scheme under which a fraction of your salary gets deducted every month to be invested under saving scheme. The Employee Provident Fund Organization(EPFO) maintains provident fund on behalf of lakhs of employees working in both private and non-pensionable public sectors. Although we can get the value deducted under provident fund in our monthly salary slip but it can get quite difficult to know exactly how much money or balance you have saved in your Provident Fund or PF account. So lets have a solution to know your PF or Provident Fund account balance Online:
How To Check Your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Balance Online?
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made provident fund account account details online wef. 1 July 2011. This means now you can instantly check your EPF account balance upto the date. Currently this facility is activated for Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Karnal and Bangalore only, but it is being rapidly extended to 120 more cities across India.
Prerequisite To Check Your EPF Account Balance Online
- All you need to check your EPF account details is your Provident Fund Account Number.
- Demo Provident Fund Account Number DL/XXXXX/XXXXX
(Here DL denotes your state e.g DL for Delhi)
Procedure To Check Your EPF Account Balance
- First Visit http://www.epfindia.com/MembBal.html
- Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and furnish your PF Account number. – Currently EPF data is available for
- Delhi – North (DL/CPM)
- Delhi – South (DS/NHP)
- Laxmi Nagar – Delhi (DS/SHD)
- Gurgaon (GN/GGN)
- Faridabad (HR/FBD)
- Karnal (HR/KNL)
- Bangalore (BG/BNG)
- Enter your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Account Number, Name (As per in EPF Slip) and your mobile number.
- Employee Provident Fund account number is divided into five parts e.g DL/1400A/10115
- First two boxes will be populated automatically on the basis of your EPFO selection.
- Establishment Code (Max 7 digits) : 1400
- Extension (Max 3 digits) : A
- Account Number (Max 7 digits) : 10115
Remember , if your establishment has no unit or other branch, there may not be extension number. In that case , you do not have to fill extension number. For Example : DL/14001/10115 here 14001 is your establishment number and 10115 is your Account number and Extension will remain blank.
On providing these details, your PF details would be delivered to your mobile through an SMS. And there is no charge for this service – it is completely free.
How To Know Your Provident Fund Balance From Your Companies Private Trust?
Some companies run their own PF trusts – the companies deposit your PF money with these trusts for management instead of depositing it with the EPFO. If you work for such a company then also you can get your details online as EPFO has asked such private PF trusts to also post the account details online! This is expected to be done by the end of July 2011.
One more good news for Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account holders, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will be paying an interest rate of 9.5 % instead of 8.5% to their members fund deposits for 2010-11.
ALSO READ : How To Lodge Provident Fund Grievances Online
Additional Links To Check Your EPF Balance Online
To check EPF balance for the Region of Gujarat (Ahmedabad/ Rajkot/ Vatva/ Naroda) :
To check EPF balance for the Region of Chennai (Ambattur, Chenai, Coimbatur, Madurai, Pondicherry ,Salem,Tambaram ,Vellore,Tirunelveli )
To check EPF balance for the Region of Bangalore ( Bommasandra / Krpuram / Peenya / Bangalore)
- VISIT : http://stg1.kar.nic.in/epf/
To check EPF balance for the Region of Haryana ( Faridabad / Karnal )
To check EPF balance for the Region of Vadodara (Gujarat / Baroda)
To check EPF balance for the Region of Delhi
To check EPF balance for the Region of Karela
- VISIT : http://www.epfkerala.in/
To check EPF balance for the Region of Surat
- VISIT : http://www.epfosurat.com/