As per the circular issued by the Ministry Of Corporate Affairs (MCA), the last date for filing DIN 4 form by existing DIN holders has been extend upto February 29th 2012 for the updation of income tax PAN details.
MCA department has made it compulsory for every applicant to provide his PAN details at the time of applying for Director Identification Number (DIN). For that reason existing DIN holder who did not furnish their PAN details at the time of applying DIN have to file form DIN-4 for the same.
If You Want To Check Whether Your PAN Is Updated Or Not Then
Click Pre-Fill in Form 1A and check if PAN column has prefilled means it has got updated.
If your PAN is not updated then make the undation to save DIN from cancellation
Key Points For Din-4 Form
- No Fee
- No physical submission
- Your Mobile Number and Email ID is mandatory.
Let me take to the step wise step procedure to fill and submit Din 4 eForm.
- Click Here to Download DIN 4 eForm.
- Open Form No. DIN 4
- Enter your Director Identification Number (DIN) in the textbox and click ‘Pre-Fill’ button.
- Name field will automatically be populated.
- Select the type of change you need to make in your DIN records. (select one or multiple fields).
- Attach latest photograph of the applicant in .jpej format.
- If the name of the director is not correct in the field 1 (b), then enter correct name in the fields First Name, Last Name and Middle Name (if any). – A attested copy of proof document is to be attached. For example PAN card is taken first and thereafter director has applied for the DIN with changed name. Similarly copy of marriage certificate (in the case of female applicant) should be separately attached if name is different on the identity proof.
- Enter Fathers Name.
- Select your citizenship status (optional).
- Enter your nationality (Optional).
- Enter your date of birth in the format DD/MM/YYYY (Optional).
- Select gender (Optional).
- Enter Permanent Account Number (PAN) and click on ‘Verify Income Tax PAN details).
- Enter PAN Details (if applicant is an Indian national then it is mandatory to enter PAN number even if PAN details already furnished are correct).
- Enter Voter Identification Number (Optional)
- Enter Passport Number (if applicant is a foreign national then it is mandatory to enter passport number even if Passport details already furnished are correct)
- Enter Driving License Number (Optional)
- Enter Mobile Number
- Enter Email Address
- Enter Permanent Address (If any change required then attach a proof of residence).
Proof of Identity of director/ designated partner
In case of Indian nationals, Income-tax PAN is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
In case of foreign nationals, passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
Proof of residence of director/ designated partner
Address proofs like bank statements, electricity bill, telephone bill, utility bills etc. shall be attached.
In case of Indian director/ designated partner, documents should not be older than 2 months from the
date of filing of the form.
In case of foreign director/ designated partner, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the
date of filing of the eForm.
Copy of verification by the director/ designated partner
It is mandatory to provide this attachment if the eForm. Format for the same is provided below.
In case of proofs which are in languages other than Hindi/ English, the proofs should be translated in
Hindi / English from professional translator carrying his details (name, signature, address) and seal.
Other supporting documents like affidavit in case of single name etc. or any other information can be
provided as an optional attachment.
Attestation of documents
If eForm is digitally signed by a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Cost Accountant (CWA) or Company Secretary (CS) (in whole time practice). The supporting documents attached shall be self attested by the applicant. If eForm is digitally signed by secretary (who is member of ICSI), in whole time employment of existing company The supporting documents attached shall be either self attested by the applicant or duly attested by either Public Notary or a Gazette Officer of a Government.
The attesting authority must indicate the following while attesting the documents:- (i) Signatures; (ii)
Name in full in Capitals; (iii) Registration No.; and (iv) Seal/ Stamp. In case, the director/ designated partner is residing outside India, then the attached supporting documents should be attested by the Consulate of the Indian Embassy, Foreign public notary. In case of director the supporting documents can also be attested by the Company secretary in full time employment, CEO or Managing director of the Indian company in which he / she is a director. If a foreign director/ designated partner has a valid Indian visa or Person of Indian Origin card or Overseas Citizen of India card, then the attestation could also be done by Public Notary / Gazetted Officer in India or practicing CA / CS / CWA.
Digital Signature and certification
In case eForm is signed by Chartered Accountant (in whole time practice) or Cost Accountant (in whole time practice) or Company Secretary (in whole time practice) Select whether he/ she is an associate or fellow. In case the professional is a chartered accountant (in whole-time practice) or cost accountant (in Page 3 of 8 S. No. Detailed instructions for filling the form whole-time practice), enter the membership number. In case the practicing professional is a company secretary (in whole-time practice), enter the certificate of practice number. In case eForm is signed by secretary (who is member of ICSI), in whole-time employment, of existing company in which the applicant is proposed to be a director Enter Membership number of the secretary in whole-time employment of existing company. Enter Corporate Identity Number (CIN) of the company of such secretary. Status of the CIN should be ‘Active’. You can find the CIN by entering the existing registration number of the company in the ‘Find CIN/GLN’ service at the portal (www.mca.gov.in). Click Pre-fill button. System will automatically display the name of the company. It shall be validated that the person (whose Membership number is entered) is associated with the company (whose CIN is entered). Pre scrutiny After the check eForm is successful and required documents have been attached, pre-scrutinise the eForm. This is a mandatory step.
Get your form signed by the practicing professional. (This form is to be signed by practicing professional only).
Upload the same on the portal and you are done.