Do you invest or trade in stock market? If yes then you might have come across a situation where you were either not satisfied with the services of the exchange or the companies listed on the exchange and wanted to file a complaint against. Earlier there were no such platform where you can file your complaint against the exchange or the company. So to give you a formal platform to cater your complaints, National Stock Exchange (NSE) has offered NSE Investor Service Centre (NICE) to its members. As name suggest NICE is a Investor service center where investors can file there complaints online. You can e-file your complaint related to funds, securities, transaction documents, trading members (brokers) etc.. and you can also e-file complaints against listed companies regarding receipt of benefits, information and documents.
To file your complaint online, follow the steps below:-
- Visit the official website of NSE complaint page – Click Here
- Click on the Register link on Step 1 and fill all the required fields for one time registration.
- You will get a success message and login button on your screen.
- Click on login button and enter the username and password you entered at the time of registration.
- To file you complaint against a company, select ‘Add company complaint’.
- Select the name of the company and enter the other required fields like securities held in demat or physical, No. of securities in dispute, Folio No. & Certificate No. in case of securities in Physical form or DP Id, DP Name etc. in case of dematerialized form. Click on Next button
- Select the nature of complaint like complaint against non receipt of dividend, interest on debentures, bonds or other debt instruments, complaint against transfer of securities etc. Click Next
- Enter the required details like folio no., date of transaction and click on next button.
- Enter the details of previous correspondence (If any).
- Press submit button to submit your complaint with NICE.
- Likewise you can also file your complaint against a company, trading member (broker).
Your complaint will be resolved within 60 days of submission. In case your complaint will not be resolved within 2 months, that means it is referred to the Investor Grievance Resolution Panel of the exchange.
You can edit to modify your complaint as long as the status shows ‘new’ on the home page by clicking on the icon beside the complaint.