Ministry of railways has decided to include “Aadhaar” as one of the proof of identity for undertaking journey on e-ticketing and Tatkal scheme.
As per the defined Indian railways rules, one needs to carry a photo identity proof with himself while travelling though Indian railways in case of ticket booking done via e-ticketing or tatkal scheme. Now Indian railways has also included UID as another valid photo identity proof for undertaking journey on e-ticketing or tatkal scheme. So from now on the valid list of ‘Photo Identity Proof’s’ will include UID.
List Of Valid Photo Identity Proof For Tatkal :-
- Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving License issued by RTO
- Photo Identity Card issued by Central/State Government
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/college for their students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph and
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”
Unique Identification (UID) number, a project initiated by government of India to provide unique identity proof i.e photo identity proof to every Indian resident across the country.
New Rules Imposed By Indian Railways On The ‘Tatkal Reservation System’
As per the new guidelines issued by Indian railways in regard of reservation under ‘Tatkal Scheme’ the following rules needs to be followed by the passengers:-
- The reservation period for tatkal reservation will be 1 day in place of 2 days.
- Confirmed tatkal tickets will not be refunded in normal conditions. (Exceptions such as cancellation and late running of train)
- Second copy (duplicate copy) of tatkal tickets will not be issued and it would be done only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- Travel agents will not be allowed to book ticket between 10 am to 12 noon (2 hour) via online route (e-ticketing).
- Only 4 passengers are allowed to travel per PNR for Tatkal tickets.