People often travel via Indian railways are very well known to the existing reservation system. One of the service which helps people get their reservation on last minute is ‘Tatkal Reservation’. This service had been introduced by the government to help people getting reservation in Tatkal i.e immediately in case of some emergency. But misuse of this service has been registered many times due to which now railway has decided to make modification in the existing rules of Tatkal Reservation System.
New Rules Imposed By Indian Railways On The ‘Tatkal Reservation System’ w.e.f 21st Nov 2011
As per the new guidelines issued by Indian railways in regard of reservation under ‘Tatkal Scheme’ the following rules needs to be followed by the passengers:-
- From now on the reservation period for tatkal reservation will be one day instead of two days.
- Confirmed tatkal tickets will not be refunded in normal conditions. (Exceptions such as cancellation and late running of train)
- Second copy ( duplicate copy) of tatkal tickets will not be issued and it would be done only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- Travel agents will not be allowed to book ticket between 8 am to 9 am (1 hour) via online route (e-ticketing).
- Only four passengers will now be allowed to travel per PNR for Tatkal tickets.
- ID proof is now mandatory at the time of making reservation under tatkal scheme. Tatkal tickets will only be issued on production of any one of the identity proof prescribed by the Indian Railway. The list of ID proofs valid for tatkal reservation includes:-
- Voter photo identity card
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Photo identity card
- Student identity card issued by recognized college/school
- Nationalized Bank passbook with photo graph
- Credit card issued by bank with laminated photo graph.