Form 26AS is a consolidated tax statement that each Pan card holder can view at ITR e-Filling website. To view the tax statement, assessee needs to register on ITR e-filling website with there Pan card number and can view Tax Credit Statement(Form 26AS). It is an annual Tax statement regularly updated by income tax department. It allows tax payers to verify the Taxes paid under his account (PAN) to the Department, mainly TDS and advance tax. This statement, with respect to a financial year, will include details of:
- Tax deducted at source (TDS)
- Displays details of tax which has been deducted at source (TDS) by each person(deductor) who made a specified kind of payment.
- Tax collected at source (TCS)
- Displays details of tax collected at source (TCS) by the seller of specified goods at time these goods have been sold.
- Advance tax/self assessment tax/regular assessment tax etc., deposited in the bank by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
The scope of Form 26AS is widened to a great extent. Tax payer can now access this facility either with his Registered Login at NSDL website, or at Online Banking Accounts (few of the banks) or at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in