Income tax department of India has made it compulsory/ mandatory for both individuals and Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) with annual income of over Rs 10 lakhs to file their income tax returns online for the financial year 2011-12.
As per the latest notification by income tax department, all individuals and HUFs with annual income above Rs 10 lakh have to file their ITR through online platform i.e electronically.
For most of the tax payers this might be the first time to file ITR online, for help and guidance one can either read the step wise step instructions for filing there income tax return online or can call at the call center set by income tax department for tax payers who are seeking help for filing there income tax return online.
Now income tax e-filling will be easier for all the tax payers from March 15, 2012, Income tax department has setup a call center for handling queries related to online filling of income tax return. Tax payers can call on 080-25186960 for assistance related to filling income tax return online. This service is available from 9 am to 6 pm on all working days.
This facility has been activated to help and motivate tax payers to file their income tax return online without any difficulty. This will not only encourage tax payers to file their tax online but also fasten the process of refund. One can simply call on the number and get all the required help to file his/her income tax return online.
Benefits Of Filing Income Tax Return Online
- Quick Processing: The overall process of ITR is faster in case filing income tax return online which results in quick processing of income tax refund.
- Future Reference :- While filing return online, your get stored in a secured way which you can in future. Like at the time of filing income tax tax return for subsequent years.
- Less Prone To Errors :- E-Filing software are build for making all validation and calculations automatically which reduces human errors.
- No Constraint: E-Filing of income tax return allows you to file your income tax return anytime from the comfort of your home or office. As this facility is available any time any where for seven days a week.
- Secure: Filing income tax return using online platform offers you complete safety of data.
- Help Line : Income tax department of India has activated a help line for tax payers which offers complete assistance to people for filing their income tax return online successfully.