When the Indian government started the process of making Aadhar card, its goal was to give the citizens a document that could stand as a proof of identity, residence, etc. Today, the government’s goal has changed. It now focuses on going digital. An essential process in this regard is to link everything to Aadhar card as it is a digital document as well. This is one of the reasons why you should link your PAN card with your Aadhar card. Another reason for doing so is to curb corruption by helping the government identify fraudulent accounts. Do you know the process to link PAN card with Aadhar card? If not, then here it is.
Steps to link PAN card with Aadhar card
- Head to income tax department website and log in to your account.
- Once you log in, a pop-up window will ask you to link PAN card with Aadhar card. If the pop-up does not appear automatically, go to profile settings, search for the main menu and there, click on the link that says Aadhar linked to PAN.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your Aadhar card number. Before you do so, however, do check that all the details are up to date and correct. The enter the Aadhar card number and click on Link Now.
- Upon verification of details, your PAN card will be linked to your Aadhar card.
Do note, however, that all your details on the PAN card and Aadhar card should match for the linking process to happen. Also, if your name is different on PAN card and Aadhar card, use these steps instead:
- Head to this link.
- Fill your PAN card details.
- Enter Your Aadhar card number.
- Fill your name as per your Aadhar card.
- A code will appear on the screen. Once you enter it, your PAN card and Aadhar card will be linked. For that to happen though, your gender and date of birth should be same on both cards.
Alternative way to link PAN card with Aadhar card
There is one more way for you to link PAN card with Aadhar card. In case none of the above ways work, use these steps:
- Head to UIDAI website. Login into your account. Then head to Update Profile.
- In the Update Profile window, change/update your name as per your PAN card.
- For verification, upload your PAN card as identity proof. Once done, your name will be updated.
So, you see how easy it is to link PAN card with Aadhar card. So, don’t wait and do this good deed right now.