Rail Budget 2013-14 will present today February 26, 2013 by Finance Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in Lok Sabha.
– 11:15 A.M Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has reached Parliament.
– 11:59 A.M Countdown has began, few more minutes left for Rail Budget 2013.
– 12:00 Live from Lok Sabha.
– 12:10 P.M Some major Rail stocks before Rail Budget speech begin-
- Hind Rectifiers – 4.8% Down
- Stone India – 3.0% Down
- Kalpataru Power – 2.9% Down
- Tata Steel – 2.2% Down
- Titagarh Wagon – 2.0% Down
- Zicom – 4.3% Up
- BEML – 3.0% Up
- CEBBCO – 2.8% Up
- Concor – 2.5% Up
- Kernex – 0.1% Up
– 12:11 P.M Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal begin his Railway Budget speech in Lok Sabha.
– Last year railways suffered loss of Rs 24,600 Crore in 2012-13.
– 10% reservation for women in RPF(Rapid Protection Force).
– Special rail coaches ‘Anubhuti’ will be introduced in selected Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains.
– Battery operated wheel chairs on railway station and rail coaches to be wheel chair friendly.
ALSO READ: Highlights Of Union Budget 2013-14
– Internet booking to be strengthened with next-generation e-ticketing system.
– Internet ticket reservation will be available for 23 hours i.e starting from 12:30 A.M to 11:30 P.M.
– SMS alters to passengers for ticket booking status.
– Railway working to activate ticket reservation on mobile phones.
– Railways working to provide free WIFI service in selected trains.
– Aadhaar Card will be used for booking and validating passenger details at the time of railway ticket reservation.
– New rail lines in North East region which includes Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
– Guest lounges on selected railway stations.
– Working to connect Manipur through railways.
– Identity proof must for railway ticket reservation.
– Railway will try to fill Rs 1.2 lakhs vacancies in the year 2013-14.
– New lifts and escalators will be operational soon on key railway stations.
– Common rail and bus ticket for Katra-Vaishnodevi to be introduced soon.
– Toll free number 1800111321 to address passenger grievances will be activated soon.
– No hike in passenger train fares.
– Slight hike in freight charges due to fuel surcharge.
– Superfast charges and Tatkal fee to be hiked.
– 67 new Express Trains to be introduced soon.
– 27 new passenger trains to be introduced soon.
– Indian railways official website IRCTC will be revamped to facilitate passengers.
– Ticket reservation and cancellation charges to be hiked.